The fashionable Spira Protekto mouth and nose mask not only fulfils the fashion aspect, it also offers a certain tightness and high wearing comfort.
The fashion mask is equipped with a 3-layer, water-repellent and breathable fleece, which is covered with a fashionable textile. The textile fabric of this temporary mask combines all the special properties of POLYGIENE ViralOff®‘s finishing. The mask is antibacterial, odour-neutralizing and anti-virus-tested and supports you in your everyday life.
The ViralOff® finish has been proven to reduce 99% of the viruses tested in ISO 18184:2019, ATCC VR1679(H3N2) in less than two hours on the temporary mask, helping to maintain your health without having to wash it repeatedly.
The mouth and nose mask reduces exposure to pollen, dust, vehicle exhaust and aerosols in the air. However, it is not tested personal protective equipment according to DIN EN 149:2009-08.
Please note that the ViralOff® finish loses some of its effectiveness with every wash. Therefore, we recommend to wash the masks by hand with lukewarm water only in exceptional cases.
Please note that the ViralOff® finish loses some of its effectiveness with each wash. We therefore recommend that the masks are only washed by hand with lukewarm water in exceptional cases.
Construction: light non-woven fashion mask, water-repellent, fabric equipped with POLYGIENE ViralOff®, with nose bridge and rubber
Outer fabric: 95% viscose, 5% elasthane or 100% cotton
The Mask is washable, please check the washing instructions.
What is ViralOff® from POLYGIENE?
ViralOff® from POLYGIENE? What is it?
- POLYGIENE ViralOff ® is a biocidal product for the treatment of textile and other fabrics/surfaces to reduce possible contamination with various tested viruses and bacteria.
- The active ingredient of POLYGIENE ViralOff ® is silver chloride. It is registered as biocide BPR in Europe in the category Pt9 (textile products)
- The antiviral effect was proven against the viruses SARS-CoV-2, in a test according to ISO18184:2019, ATTCC VR1679(H3N2). The contamination with the SARS virus (SARS-CoV-2) was reduced to 99% within 2 hours, i.e. 99% of the viruses were destroyed in this time. A reducing effect on the contamination with H5N1(avian flu) was also already proven in older tests. The complete tests are available on request.
- ViralOff® contains no nanosilver!
- The silver ions used for Polygiene are approximately 100 times larger than nanosilver, so they do not interact with the human skin and do not affect the natural bacterial flora of the skin.
ViralOff® inhibits the activity of the tested viruses by its effect on the key proteins of the virus, so that its metabolism slows down.
The purpose of finishing textiles with ViralOff® is not to protect the wearer from infection or to directly guarantee any other health function. Instead, ViralOff® protects the textile or reduces its contamination with the tested bacteria and viruses and thus also their transmission, if different wearers use the same part and the part (e.g. the mask) is to be used again after 2 hours without renewed viral contamination.
Within less than 2 hours, 99% of the tested virus types died within less than 2 hours at room temperature on the surfaces treated with ViralOff®. It is therefore sufficient to leave contaminated surfaces or masks whose components have been treated with ViralOff® for several hours for decontamination.
Even though some of our masks are washable, they should not be washed in the washing machine – to maintain the antiviral effect – but only wiped off by hand, if necessary with a damp cloth. This prevents fiber destruction and saves water.
If a washing machine wash is necessary for reasons of soiling, the effect of the antiviral finish of the fabric will decrease with each wash, even if biocidal action against bacteria is maintained.
These coverings of nose and mouth are fashionable masks suitable for everyday use and not a medical device. They do not offer protection according to medical standard DIN EN 14683:2019-10
If not explicitly marked, they are also not personal protective equipment according to DIN EN 149:2009-08.